Flannel at Topnotch Resort Evening with Owen Roe and Winemaker David O’Reilly
Thursday, May 24
$99 per person ++ Advance Reservation Required, guests 21+
The culinary team of Flannel at Topnotch welcomes special guest David O’Reilly to Vermont as collaborator in Vermont Taste.
David O’Reilly, Winemaker and co-owner of Owen Roe will guide the evening and share insight into his passion for winemaking and the unique terroir within the prestigious grape growing regions of the Yakima and Willamette Valleys.
The evening begins at 6pm with a special welcome reception, followed by a special dining experience at Flannel.
Dinner Courses and Wine Pairings
- Welcome Reception begins at 6pm featuring Cheese and Charcuterie paired with Owen Roe Ravenna Riesling
- First Course – Butter Poached Scallop with Lemon Tarragon Buerre Blanc Rocket & Granny Smith Apple Salad paired with Owen Roe Crawford Beck Vineyard Pinot Gris
- Second Course – Blood Orange Sorbet with Local Bee Pollen, house made with Vermont Apiaries
- Third Course – Seared Northeast Farms Pork Tenderloin with Bing Cherry Gastrique, Mascarpone Purple Polenta, Caramelized Turnips, Radish Sprouts, Pistachio paired with Owen Roe “Sinister Hand”
- Fourth Course – Chocolate Panna Cotta with Cardamom Anglaise Vanilla Scented Oranges, Hazelnut Crumb paired with “The Parting Glass” 2015 Late Harvest Riesling
Owen Roe Exceptional Wines Since 1999
Co-Owners, David & Angelica O’Reilly share a passion and history dedicated to fine wines and together with their partners have developed a diversified portfolio that has been recognized globally by critics, wine writers and wine lovers. Learn more about wines from Owen Row.
Flannel at Topnotch
At Flannel the belief is that the art of a great meal lies in the balance between brilliant and unpretentious. Dishes should be memorable, and inspired by regional gifts – locally grown ingredients, organic wherever possible… with meats that are farm-raised, without hormones or unethical practices. At Topnotch Resort, that art is showcased daily, in dining experiences that consistently bring a fresh, approachable attitude. And celebrate the rich talent of Vermont’s local cheese makers, farmers and culinary artisans.
Topnotch Resort and Spa has been a cherished part of the Stowe community since it first opened its doors in 1959. Nested at the foot of the mountain, it began as a family-owned village inn with a small lounge and 24-seat restaurant, beckoning vacationers here for a skiing holiday. Today, as one of Travel+Leisure’s “World’s Best” hotels, Topnotch blends rustic charm and unsurpassed luxury, beautifully.
“We are proud to once again support Copley Hospital’s Vermont Taste program. The new direction of the fundraising effort is brilliant. Flannel, our farm to table restaurant, will be offering a one-night fundraising dinner in collaboration with Owen Roe Vineyards. This is going to be a great year for Vermont Taste and we look forward to being part of the program.”
– Robert Burnetti, General Manager, Topnotch Resort